Buddha's Village Forum

Good to be here

Posted by buddhistbrain , Mar 30,2005,05:30 Post Reply   Forum

Dear all,
I haven't been on this site in a long, long time. I believe I used to post on this site under the name Brotherbrain, but I couldn't remember for sure so I just re-registered again under the name buddhistbrain (which is also my email name).
Anyway, It's pretty nice to be here. I am not a Buddhist (in other words, I haven't taken refuge as of the present) however I am Buddhist minded at times. Other times, I really don't fit the mold as I am a lifetime NRA member, hold a concealed weapons permit, and enjoy listening to some pretty hardcore metal music such as Dimmu Borgir, Cradle Of Filth, Black Label Society, and the such. I have also been known to be down with the Juggalos of Insane Clown Posse & Twisted at times.
Hard to believe that I'm 45 years old, eh? But on the other side, I have taken a Vipassana meditation course in the past, and am an ongoing contributor to a certain Buddhist organization, and have been doing so for about 2 years.
This site (Buddhas Village) used to be a happening place, but now I see that not many people are posting here any longer. I guess that's OK. One of the reasons I liked this forum was because it was small, and not overwhelmed with a thousands of posts like some forums.
I do give you all my thoughts of good will & serenity as I do with all other sentient beings. I also hope to see some of you posting more often. Brian

--modified by buddhistbrain at Wed, Mar 30, 2005, 05:35:45

Edit Post Reply Recommend Current pageAuthor Profile